Free School Meals
In these uncertain times, people’s circumstances can change quite suddenly. Please check the list below to see if your children are eligible for free school meals.
Through lockdown, we provided shopping vouchers for our families whose children were eligible for free school meals to the value of £15 per child per week.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit o Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
To apply online please go to: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
Warwickshire's Welfare Scheme Details
If children are registered for Free School Meals parents/carers could also apply for assistance to buy food whilst they were not at school. We await information in the event that schools close again.